Wednesday, July 8, 2009

letter from ray





Hi
I read your site occassionally and enjoy it. I read as part of it that you may be interested in what some of ride and why.
Well, I would like to show you my bike and some photos if I may.
The bike was given to me by a work collegue who has had it for a long time. It’s a Ricardo Viva 7 speed..then. Now it is a rebuilt yellow single speed fixie.
I have included a photo of 'before' and a couple of the 'after' ones. My panel beater friend painted the ole steel frame and new carbon forks ( the original forks were bent from an altercation with a tree) for me in a current Foed colour…the only Ford thing I own by the way…and the rest was done by me. Another friend from a LBS built the wheels using a pair of ancient french track hubs I stumbled on….the ball bearing type..and they polished up beautifully. I also stumbled across the Tinker Juarez saddle as a throw out in another shop and it suits the bike too. I polished the cranks too, to finish it off. It rides really well and I love fixies!!
So I hope you enjoy the shots and I look forward to your continueing blog.
Thanks
Ray

1 comment: